The myth that "hands denounce age" fell to the ground. Often we exercise, we use creams and various treatments on the face and body and we forget to protect and care for hands. Due to intense daily exposure (use of chemicals, soaps, frequent washing, sun exposure), our hands show earlier signs of aging compared to other regions.
Over time, they develop dry hands, spots (caused by the sun and use of chemicals) and loss of volume by the absorption of fat is from skin and tendons and joints exposure veins.
Carbon (CO2) Laser
Treatment of spots
In aging skin approach and treatment of spots, we have the following allies
- Creams with retinoic acid and glycolic acid derivatives - topical application of creams with retinoic acid and glycolic acid derivatives assist in reducing stains in sun-damaged skin. Furthermore, they stimulate collagen production.
- Microdermabrasion - is a skin surface polishing, removing the outermost layer which improves the appearance of aged skin. The results are immediate. Maintenance treatments are needed.
- Chemical peels - also work in reducing blemishes and skin rejuvenation. The indication of the type of peel will vary depending on skin type and the desired results and can be recommended a superficial chemical peel, medium or deep. The physician will select the appropriate chemical or mixture of chemicals (glycolic acid, Jessner, TCA or trichloroacetic acid or carbolic acid).
- Fractionated CO2 Laser -are important weapons in the fight against aging skin, removing stains act by promoting collagen stimulation and reducing sagging. The laser gently removes damaged skin layers bringing out a layer of skin renewed and achieving excellent results. There are several devices on the market, with the best ones we can regulate the frequency, fluency and change parameters for each skin type, including black skins. Usually, take up to 3 sessions, however, there are cases that only one session already solved. Crusting occurs at the location of spots disappearing in about 7 to 10 days. After the procedure is necessary the use of protective gloves and sunscreen. The Laser is performed under local anesthesia.
- Pulsada intense light - is also used to treat stains both those caused by the sun as age spots. It lags behind the laser being required several sessions.
The volume replacement of the hands is required in most patients. It promotes a skin distension reducing local sagging and depressions between the tendons, veins and bony prominences, providing hands softer contours and youthful appearance. The volume of replenishment can be accomplished using fat grafts or synthetic fillers such as hyaluronic acid, calcium xidroxiapatita, polylactic acid, etc. The use of each filler has advantages and disadvantages with an indication for each patient individually. The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia. After the procedure, patients can return to daily activities. Areas with ecchymosis (purple) can be masked with the use of the corrective base.
- Fat grafting - is currently considered the gold standard in the volumizing body. The cost of the procedure is low because all the fat is removed from the patient, there is no rejection of the product or allergy, because it is endogenous materials (of the individual), any fat that is not absorbed will settle remaining there for long undefined, differ from other fillers that need to be replaced every 1-2 years. The technique is simple, the plastic surgeon removes a small amount of fat from another part of your body and injects the hands to fill the dorsal region and improve the contour. It is performed under local anesthesia and the scar in general does not exceed 3 mm, which is the size of the diameter of the cannula through which injects fat.
- Acid Hialurônico - hyaluronic acid-based compounds are generally well tolerated by the body, however, as an absorbable material, the duration is about 12 months. They act promoting volumizing by the water holding capacity of the product in the injected site.
- Hydroxyapatite calcium - filler that restores the lost volume and stimulates the production of your own collagen with an average duration of 18 months.
- polilático- acid is a synthetic and bioresorbable substance (is entirely absorbed by the body) that when injected into the deep dermis, activates the production of collagen, with results evident from the second session (usually two months after the start of applications) which remain for up to two years.
Some tips to delay aging hands
- The use of sunscreen blocks the sun is harmful effects on the skin and thereby retards the process of photo aging. Therefore, abuse of sunscreen.
- The photoprotection should be the same for face, neck, and back of hands, (SPF 30-60). Remember that, in the hands, reapplication should be more frequent the habit of washing them.
- Also, moisturize your hands regularly preferring: - moisturizing urea base; - Grape oil, almond oil, silicone oil; - Mango butter (with emollient and nourishing action);
- For those who work with detergent and water, the use of rubber gloves flaneladas internally prevents fungi and bacteria and contact allergies.